Thursday, October 30, 2008

The End of the Road

Well, Learn & Play, it's been fun, but we've come to the end of the road.

I've really enjoy this program: more than I thought I would, to be honest. I figured that it would be an easy breeze through program and I would collect my flash drive and go on with my life unchanged.

Most of the things I *was* very familiar with - YouTube, Flickr, etc - but instead of making it boring, it was more like a nice break in between learning new gluts of technology information. I appreciated their inclusion because it meant I didn't have to think as hard as I did when learning about, say, that annoying pb wiki or the rss feed one.

On the whole, though, I've seen a lot of benefits from the program. I think it was a fun opportunity for all staff to bond together in a common project. I really enjoyed watching everyone share with each other all the fun things they've discovered how to do. It was kind of a level playing ground, too: while I was often called on to help with some of the tasks, there were definitely ones where I had to ask someone else what to do, and those people would ask me on the next task, etc. It was all circle-icious!

Thanks for the opportunity to Learn & Play, CML. It was lots of fun, and I'm a little sad it's over...

No comments: