Wednesday, October 29, 2008

MOLDI

Dug through MOLDI a little bit this morning. I'd seen it and tried it out when I first moved to Columbus and started using CML as a patron, but my computer wasn't that great and I had a lot of things on my mind - like planning a wedding and working on my MLIS, for two - so I sort of disregarded it. Now that those things are taken care of, I have more time for this sort of thing. Plus, I have a pretty long commute to work and have taken to getting audio books on my iPod for the trip. I think MOLDI will be a good resource for me.

It's not a bad site: pretty user-friendly, and pretty straightforward. Just by browsing for a few minutes I found one audio book I put on hold and one I was able to check out. (Now I just need to remember to download it when I get home!) The selection isn't quite where I think we'd all like it - some more popular titles, and so forth - but it's not that bad, and I think it's also a chance for people to expand their interests a little. It's a fun option for our power users or for some of our patrons who may have exhausted our supply of books on tape and are casting about for something new to listen to.

The music....well, let's just say I'm not too excited about the music choices. But of course, I'm pretty sure my demographic is *not* the target audience for MOLDI, so that's OK. :)

No comments: