Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Comiqs

Out of the Web 2.0 awards list, I decided to play with the website Comiqs. It was ranked third place in the "Fun Stuff" category.

At first I was incredibly enamored by this website. I love places where I can play with pictures, and the idea of being able to make an awesome webcomic *easily* is very exciting to me. Unfortunately, the more I've played with it, the less user-friendly it becomes. I was able to make one or two strips, but the menus are not very intuitive. In places where you'd expect the site to just go to a new page, it would inexplicably open in a new window, which cluttered up my screen and made me angry. (I'm a tabs person, anyway.)

If the navigation would become a little more intuitive, and if there would be less screen popping up, and if directions were a little more clear, it would be an awesome site. I can see why it got third place. The concept is awesome, but the execution is lacking as is.

No comments: