Tuesday, October 28, 2008

WOW

Holy crap, I just found my new favorite waste of time. I was on the CML toolbox looking through the different links we have. Most of them I'm already hip to, either using every day several times a day (Google, Firefox, etc) or having tried them out through Learn & Play (delicious, LibraryThing, and so on.) I decided to try out Stumble because I had never even heard of it before.

This site is absolutely amazing.

Stumble (at least the way I tried it out) works as a toolbar added on to your browser. Even though I know it won't stay once the computer is rebooted, I decided to download the toolbar anyway and play around with it. When you sign up for Stumble, you select your interests. Then it adds a button to your toolbar (well, a few buttons, actually, but one main one) and when you hit it, it takes you to a random site based on the interests you selected. You can then click on thumbs up or thumbs down, depending on whether you liked the site or not, and those ratings will affect the next sites you get.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have found my new time waster.

One of the other buttons added to your toolbar is deceptive, because it says "Favorites" but what it really means is "List of things you liked." When you click on that button, it takes you to a blog that basically is just a list of the sites you said you liked. That way, when you "stumble" on that awesome site, it's not lost forever. You can also share sites with people if you know their email address. My friends and I are always sending sites back and forth, so this is a really handy way to quickly send it without having to sign into my email or onto my blog and post it that way. Click a button, type in their address, and it's done.

I know this toolbar will go away when the computer restarts, but as soon as I get home tonight I'm putting it on my own browser (Firefox) and will probably promptly spend hours just clicking through, looking at all the awesome things. I love the internets, and I love the things people put on the internets, and this is just one more fabulous way of finding them. Thanks, CML, for linking to it! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Over the centuries passed, and the wizard in the night they later called Ash Valley grow up in the forest. A lot of very big explosion before the prosperity of the species is now up to the rich, for example, Bear and the Porcupine odd, but also re-emerged. Mmoinn to get everyone to buy wow gold the role of the armed ready to Adventure World of Warcraft it! mmoinn is a professional trade platform here to provide you with
warcraft gold , there are forest near the
wow power leveling . Just do it as soon as possible!